This free, online event was held on May 14, 2009, and was convened by the Ash Center's Government Innovators Network and the Pew Center on the States. Please visit the event page to access the slide presentations and resources associated with this webinar.
Event description: This online event provided tips from leading procurement experts and offered lessons learned from previous emergency spending measures. Topics included:
- Increasing capacity to better manage the increased stimulus spending
- Monitoring contracts early to control costs
- Managing "risky" contract awards
- Evaluating vendor financial capacity before awarding contracts
- Ensuring adequate internal controls so contracts can be audited in a timely manner
This webinar was moderated by Steve Goldsmith with panelists Neal C. Johnson, Greg Rothwell, Terry Tyler, Tom Hart, Steve Hunter, Joe Secrest, and W. Frederick Thompson.