Conducted by the UK's Strategy Unit Cabinet Office, this study sets out insights from the best examples of innovative services, showing how to raise standards and provide greater value for money. The study shows how five key changes lie behind the ‘power shift’ that is changing the relationship between citizens and state, front line and the centre, around the world:
- using entitlements to put power in the hands of users of services;
- transforming accountability of services through real-time, highly local information, often delivered digitally;
- incentivising the creation of tailor-made, personalised services which citizens can shape;
- answering people’s ambition for prevention rather than cure; and
- a new professionalism in front-line staff and leaders.