Florida has been pummeled by consecutive hurricanes in the past two months, requiring disaster-relief activity statewide. This document and the links below point to organizations that are significantly involved in responding to the disaster, especially in the area of housing, or providing disaster-related information.
This document lists each organization's contact information and goal as it relates to the Florida hurricane relief and recovery effort and describes the organization's plans and/or initial efforts.
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation
- Florida Department of Community Affairs
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
How is the Fannie Mae Foundation helping?
Click here to find out.
Florida Disaster Relief Funds
- Allstate Foundation
- Central Florida FOCUS Fund
- Florida Association of Realtors
- Governor's Relief Fund
- Heart of Florida United Way
- Hurricane Related Capacity Building Grant Round
- Orlando Sentinel Family Fund
- Red Cross
- More relief fund information
Up-to-Date Disaster Information
- State of Florida, Division of Emergency Management
- American Red Cross
- Church World Service
- Disaster Finder
- Disaster News Network
- Florida Interfaith Networking in Disaster
- Institute for Business and Home Safety
- Miami Herald
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- Orlando Sentinel
- National Emergency Management Association
- Salvation Army
- Small Business Administration