State and local public officials from cities, towns, and state agencies across Massachusetts are invited to a nuts and bolts conversation on fostering innovation in government at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. Participants will join the nine finalists for Harvard University's Innovations in American Government Award for an exchange of ideas and experiences on transforming how we address our toughest public problems. The small group discussions will focus on novel yet practical solutions as well as implementation: how to get good ideas started, how to tackle the bureaucratic hurdles, where and how to leverage funding and support, and more.
- Prabal Chakrabarti, Vice-President, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Joseph Curtatone, Mayor of Somerville and Senior Fellow, Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation
- Stephen Goldsmith, Daniel Paul Professor of Government and Director, Innovations in Government Program
- Ira A. Jackson, Dean, John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies
- Anthony Saich, Daewoo Professor of International Affairs and Director, Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation