The slide presentations are available at the bottom of this page.
Report on iZone from Center on Reinventing Public Education:http://www.crpe.org/cs/crpe/download/csr_files/wp_crpe_NYCiZone_Jan11.pdf (PDF)
Harvard Doctor of Education Leadership: http://www.gse.harvard.edu/academics/doctorate/edld/index.html
Global Tech Prep:
- Video with an overview of digital portfolios
- Video describing the process of creating a project for digital portfolios
- Video on Using iPods touches in the classroom
- An overview of partnerships
- Global Tech Prep website
- Article on Global Tech Prep
- “Sixth grader usurps software company” (Network World)
- Student interviews Marcus Samuelsson and explores careers (HuffPOst Black Voices)
- Teaching students about careers in medicine in collaboration with Citizen Schools (WABC-TV New York, NY)
This Webinar explores iZone, an initiative of New York City’s Department of Education. iZone consists of a unique community of innovative schools committed to personalizing learning. Through the use of real-time information, community and corporate partnerships, digital media, and clustering of innovative schools, iZone is creating and growing pockets of progress. What lessons are NYC schools learning about the process of education innovation? How are these lessons captured and shared with others?
- Stacey Gillett, Chief of Staff at the NYC Department of Education Office of Innovation
- Chrystina Russell, Principal at Global Tech Prep (a school participating in iZone)
Moderator: Elizabeth City, Lecturer at Harvard Graduate School of Education and Executive Director of its new three-year, practice-based doctoral program to prepare students to be leaders in education reform
The Power of Social Innovation Series features practitioner-led webinars on timely topics from education reform to economic development. Innovators share their experiences and insights with fellow practitioners, students and scholars from across the country.